14/11/2008

mot annual day - contd

Ok, and so as expected, we went to drink.

cut - A bit of context
within our room mates, we have a very loose sense of money. we go to a hotel, if somebody has cash, he pays. If somebody doesnt he almost always offers to pay by card. And we do try to equal out, but nobody really cares. Well, once when i needed big money, i got a blank cheque from one and what was his current balance.

Cut - back to yday.
We had a couple of pegs and then this guy immediately offered to pay. I offered to share half. Immediately the third person in the table gave a huge thing on how they never shared, but only one person always paid. This guy is pretty close and we drink together often. But the person paying - this was my first time we came together and probably the last. So i politely said what i thought - i may never get a chance to pay for you again. The third person is still cooler and tried to solve the problem by saying "oh bud, we need to plan another pretty fast now". I thought it was over. Well, my friend(lets call him that) again started giving fundas about paying and things. Now cmon, we have been through such stages. I tried to tell him the story(the first cut) to drive that there is nothing wrong with sharing. I tried. He was like "oh, thats your room. but here ,," . I cut him there with a bad word as i can do only when i am drunk and told that "i dont care what he talks and i wont listen". I think he should have come back to senses and was trying to say the same things in a more formatted format, and i kept saying my above sentence. And then the guy told me that he wants to stay back in my home. one part in me, maybe the childish one, wanted to say " now that you subscribe to a different school of sharing philosophies ...". I stopped and i said he could. I thought not linking relationships to sharing bills was just a maturity which this guy hasnt yet come to.
But later when he told me he was thinking whether to go home or come with me, i said "suit your convenience." he dint come. I under estimated him. just keep it up and we will be fine.

5 comments:

Arun said...

ithudha ramak kitta ulla oru ketta pazhakam. he always wanted to pay the bill..

Alcohol should be banned in India.

U said...

ha hah.. post was funny and kaivandi comment is even funnier... lol

U said...

// within our room mates, we have a very loose sense of money. we go to a hotel, if somebody has cash, he pays. If somebody doesnt he almost always offers to pay by card.// good old hostels day

try this site www.billmonk.com for account sharing activities.

U said...

// . I cut him there with a bad word as i can do only when i am drunk and told that "i dont care what he talks and i wont listen". I think he should have come back to sens// ha ha .. was it otha... ..
i can imagine how it would look like. ha ha

U said...

// " now that you subscribe to a different school of sharing philosophies ../ dai engethura edhu ellam pidikara..