09/10/2008

random

Random #1 - yeva ava ?

we went to lunch with a north indian friend. After lunch, we were generally talking, when he excalimed whether south india was more affected by the films. I dint refute big time. Infact none of the three of us tamils did.
Later in the evening we were going in an auto. The auto was playing "pettai rap" telugu version. The song starts with this "aa aaah, aa--aa-aa--aah" (you must say it like a crow). The young auto driver started doing the crow along with the song.
Now my north Indian friend substantiated his claim with a "look, i told you". I dint want to refute that either. Such kind of topics are interesting debates but only if you have some passion left in you. I really dint. Not for a topic like "which part of india is most affected by films".
So i started giving some history. "Its a kinda cult song you know. There is this bharatnatyam class going on and the hero and his friends do this mass dance in front of it to irritate the heroine who is in the bharatnatyam class. I think you know nagma, you know right ?. she is the heroine. ,,,"
I noticed that the girl sitting in the other corner of the share auto was listening intently. I realised that she might know the context. anybody in tamilnadu or andhra does. I stopped abruptly. My friend should have thought "Duh, Is this a reason for a cult song ?"
I dint complete the story after we got down from the auto.

random #2 - Where is my plan ?

cheta says I dont have short term plans/goals. he must know. he is a first choice for professional rants. And we have put up with each other professionally, personally, boozilly, smokily. He must know. othukiran cheta.

random #3 - The Blue churidhar effect :

A few minutes has effects. A few hours is , err.. , whats the positive equivalent of traumatic ?

random #4 - my way of choice

I am totally clueless when it comes to finding (as in discovering) a good song. I generally leave it to others to analyse and come to a decision about good songs and then i just hear these.

i got addicted to this real slutty tune, thanks to rizi.


Get Your Own Hindi Songs Player at Music Plugin

The video is equally slutty. Oh, i do like rani mukherjee. Recently(i guess it was oct2) and somewhere " raghupathi raghav raja ram" was playing. And i was reminded of rani.

On the same lines, this one, once on g3s blog, is a good one -


Get Your Own Hindi Songs Player at Music Plugin

this is one song i always intended to play on this blog, but never did? or did I ? anyways -


Get Your Own Hindi Songs Player at Music Plugin

random #5 - from the net

somebody's signature (loosely quoted) -

You got to do a lot of mistakes before you become perfect. I think i must be very close to perfection.

random #6 =

The whole worlds blurred when your eyes have an issue with blurring :P
The better blur -
http://sankarshan-sen.blogspot.com/2008/09/blur.html

7 comments:

U said...

disappointment #1
hindi song 1

disappointment #2
hindi song 2

disappointment #3
enna nenaithi hindi patu pottaayoooo
en endha vellai unnaku...


hindi theriyama hindi padam pakka mudila. hindi patu keka mudilenu patha.
eppo vara vara hindi related blogsum purila..

Arun said...

yeah jagan.. indha payan indhi paatu potu torture panraan, innoruthan(vishnu) indhi pesi torture panraan. orey kushtamappa..

//I am totally clueless when it comes to finding (as in discovering) a good song//
machi, you should seriously schedule a music session with ganesh or me.

Ramakrishnan said...

jagan,
go find a hindi knowing tamil ponnu.

arun,
I will let this one pass.

U said...

Tamil therinja ponna thedurathe kastama eruku edhula Hindi therinja Tamil ponnu sutham po
Appram ennonu Hindi therinja Tamil ponna vachitu ennatha panrahtu

Ramakrishnan said...

>> vechittu enna panradhu ?
the journey might be more interesting than the destination.

Gayathri said...

Oh ya, that yava ava is like a cult song. :P I totally agree.

BTW, those songs. I don't like the Chabeela one. The Tamil one was tragic. By 'me' being 'me', I left Tujhse naaraaz nahi zindagi playing for about 10 times. :P

Jagan, you should get a Tamil ponnu who knows hindi or ahindi ponnu who knows Tamil so that she can translate Tujhse naaraaz nahi song for you. It's a classic.

U said...

// you should get a Tamil ponnu who knows hindi or ahindi ponnu who knows Tamil so that she can translate Tujhse naaraaz nahi song for you//

Keka ellam nalla than eruku.... aana ponnu ellaiyeee...