27/12/2008

The last few days

Empty offices. No calls, thank christ. An impending dead-line seems to have no effect on me. I got to merge a few things tomorrow. I would have normally got very excited, and might have even thrown a few tantrums around. But I just dont seem to get excited about it. Good in a way.

One of the senior architects in our team always asks "how is life?" first thing when he meets someone. No good morning. He just smiles and asks this. I tell him whats up and whats down with work. Till one day when i realised the joke. Halfway through discussing some work, I stopped and said, you asked hows life and i am giving you a status report. He smiled and said almost all did the same and that's a joke he has been enjoying for years.

Wednesday, i shot myself in my foot, quite literally. I disabled the connection on which i was working. And then an angel from US offers to drive down and set it right. On his christmas eve. Well, that guy started it all.The pseudo vacation is going fine.

Thurday, x-mas day, i woke up at 230pm , ate, slept again at around 430 woke up at 830 and i think we saw a movie or was i reading a book ? anyways i slept again at around 12 and woke up the next morning at 9.

Friday, i worked for a few hours, played tt for an hour,worked again, stopped whatever i was doing at around 8 pm, and went to ghajini. Well, the movie was ok. Bhai feels the songs are cool, i am yet to feel it, but with arr, you got to hear the music again and again before eventually you start liking it. What i felt good about the movie (even in tamil) is the way he wants and exacts revenge. I am sure my mom is never gonna read this, But thats one of my primary criteria before getting married. I should be able to physically protect the girl from atleast two persons if not from a bigger gang. Well, you may understand now why i feel i have very little chances of getting married. Ouch, reality hurts.

Saturday, woke up at around 230 again, ate (Full meals at jubilee hills chutney - 110 rs - it was worth it), went shopping. I hadnt really indulged myself this year. I had bought a electic rice cooker and a violin last year, very impulsively.(It all comes swimming in now. I had once asked V to play the guitar. The answer came amidst giggles - "it's a voilin"). And i had also joined violin classes. And i had almost bought a watch for a few thousands. Is it already a year since all that happened?

Listen to Paarthale Paravasam - tamil Audio Songs at MusicMazaa.com

Well, last new years eve, Me, Cheta and naresh were sitting on top of a core dump. I was sulking and cheta understood. We went to gardenia and then we made naresh drink a couple a pegs of signature and went home. I know, this is kinda turning out to be a year end post, something i had decided to avoid. Me and my decisions!

But somehow i stayed away from it this year (I will wait for arun to say if i missed something). Anyways we three went, bought tt rackets. Set back by 3500 now :( . I hope somebody doesn't ask abdul khaadar-ukkum amaavaasaikkum enna sambandham. :P
Anyways, i damn it on the absence of volleyball players.

Well, saturday continues, I come to office to work, But my partner has already left, probably angered by my 3 hour delay. So i sit there idly because there is no mail from him. And then i watched "A wednesday". Whoa. It was enthralling. I droppped whatever plans i had for work.

And i went home with parcelled chapathis. I had half stopped at the wine shop to make it a perfect saturday. And then i dont know why, i just continued and came home. While taking a dish out of the kitchen, i saw it. A beer bottle that i hadnt opened last week. Well, if destiny had it this way. I had the beer, ate the chapathi, watched football, read for some time and slept.

Now that we are to it, I am reading "a fine balance". Its so far so good. Not essentially a page turner, not much masala, but its nice. (I am really happy about what i am reading these days. I am borrowing both the choices and books from S and V)

And now its sunday, i again woke up late, and came to office. Now there lies a pile of stuff to do. Baselining, building, Testing, merging. I am not starting it and instead made this post bulge and bulge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I am supposed to get that violin....

U said...

i dont know but i just loved tis post :D it was very nice to read...

Ramakrishnan said...

Anon,
I am kinda rethinking about it ;)

Jagan,
Thanks. Me too. :)