05/09/2008

oppurtunity areas

We have mid year appraisals(but no hikes) to review performance and progress. My manager made some sweeping statements
My more-than-one-hundred bug producing feature wasn't mentioned. He noted that it was a good contribution in the project overall and dint touch the specific feature as a subject.
At the same time, i had transitioned a whole project over to a china team. I hadn't written more than a few hundreds of lines of bug fixes for that project. But i transitioned. I knowledge-shared on open-source code. He thought that was ok performance.
I told him i ate snake in china for one month for the projects sake. He told he was a vegetarian. and he was in a village in ireland for 2 years. ok.
I told him several other things. He had noted down some opportunity areas. Business communication because I cant talk US times when i fix appointments. I confuse him cos i tried to explain things. so he goes on and on.

I opposed everything.
He accepted everything.

He removed all the negative feedback to which i had objected.

I had gone with an intention to fight. I wanted blood. There was no fight. He won by coolly saying ok to everything i said.

At the end, he said " you should take things more coolly, This is one other opportunity area.".

8 comments:

U said...

Ella managerum theliva than erukanga...namma sandaiku piña avanga mr.cool mathiri pesuvang... Asingama nan enmanagera thitina kooda avaru solra padhil OK

The Sailor said...

You went to China???? WOW !!! :)

Juggernaut said...

oppOrtunity*

Ramakrishnan said...

jagan,
i appreciate his composure. He sure won the bout :(
sagar,
i did. nothing wow about it. i was alone in a non-english speaking land.
BTW,why dont you write any longer ?

jugg,
adichittanga machan.

The Maverick Blog said...

Kuthunga yesamaan kuthunga.. Indha managergalaey ippadi thaan!

Ramakrishnan said...

MB,
Lol. exactly.you and prashant are too good in quoting these perfectly apt tamil comedy sequence as comments
:)

Suvij said...

He opposed everything.
I accepted everything. :)
My checkpoint was over in 5 minutes

Ramakrishnan said...

chetta,

ivanga kunjaadu illa. maappu velaikku aagadhu.